Membership Categories & Fees
What can membership provide you?
- Use of standardised and harmonised food composition data (including energy and nutrient values) in software tools
- Access to innovative software tools and databases using critically evaluated data on the content and biological effects of bioactive constituents in plant-based foods
- Valuable references, documentation, and standardised vocabularies for the handling of food information, including
- EuroFIR thesauri - click here for more info
- eLearning modules and specialised training courses
- Best practice and innovation support
- Professional development
- Networking/representation and the possibility to take part in pre-competitive research and development projects in the food and health field
- Free access to TDS-Exposure and BACCHUS microsites
- Members’ Lounge (1:1 support)
The ordinary members category is available to companies, organisations, and individuals wanting to join the Association (National food composition database (FCDB) compiler organisations: see Full and Associate membership options below). For commercial organisations, the fee is calculated according to the annual turnover of the company, number of employees, and type of company. For non-commercial membership the fee is calculated according to the organisation type and data access and use. Members will profit from the benefits provided by the Association, including becoming part of a network of food composition data compilers, stakeholders and experts worldwide. There are five categories of ordinary membership available (exclude VAT where applicable):
Full members typically include National food composition database (FCDB) compiler organisations, although categories for research organisations, non-profits and SMEs are available. For National Compilers, the fee is determined by the GDP of the country which they represent. To become a full member, associate status is granted for the first year with approval from the General Assembly before approving full membership status. There are five categories of full membership available (exclude VAT where applicable):
National Compiler GDP > 20,000€
National Compiler GDP = 10,000-20,000€
National Compiler GDP <10,000€
Research & other non-profit organisations
Find out what our members think!
Hylobates Consulting (IT) is a regulatory and scientific consulting company. Food composition data is important for ensuring compliance of food labels and of health and nutrition claims. EuroFIR provides the expertise to use the data, on top of the data themselves, and is a neutral, non-profit forum for ideas and projects around food.
National Agricultural and Food Centre – Food Research Institute (SK) is organisation responsible for providing food composition data in Slovakia. Quality, reliable and traceable food composition data is alpha and omega for food composition work and data provided by EuroFIR meets these criteria. Data availability helps us to check our food composition data and calculate recipes.
Institute for Medical Research (RS) is a scientific organisation involved in food and nutrition research. Food composition information are directly used for analyzing data from dietary surveys and food consumption in Serbia and in other countries of West Balkan region under the EU Menu/EFSA guidance. EuroFIR provides many European and world-wide good quality food data and has a recipe nutrient calculation tool all important for good quality dietary intake analysis.